9/2/2015 0 Comments
Lesson 3 - "Esther"
(Please read all 9 Chapters of Esther) If at all possible, read it in at least two different translations for a beter understanding.
1. From Chapter 2, tell who Esther was.
2. What was the secret that Esther withheld from the King, and why?
3. Explain Esther's acts of obedience to her cousin (her acting father), Mordecai.
4. What were the possible risks involved with these acts?
HONEST REFLECTION: Today, we might not face the possibility of death, but we all have times where we could face possible rejection and ridicule. If I was asked to help in such a way that I would face risks like these, would I be able to have the faith to do it?
5. What was God's respone to Esther's faithful obedience?
"As an historical character, Esther is the supreme heroine who delivers her nation from disaster: as a woman, she is that rare indificual, a mixture of charm, strength and guile: a human being whose character is secure from the rot of wealth, prosperity and power." (from All the Women of the Bible, by Herbert Lockyer)
6. What important lesson can we learn from Esther in Chapter 4, verses 15-17?
7. Did Esther do all that she needed to do by herself? Explain.
HONEST REFLECTION: When faced with difficulties in my own life, do I 'jump in' and try to conquer them myself, or do I seek the Lord through prayer asking others to pray with me?
8. What do you feel are the importnat lessons to be learned from Esther's life?
9. Is there anything I just don't understand about this special Queen? (if you answered yes, of if you have any questions, just email me at email@example.com)
AFTERTHOUGHT: Life often seems bleak, without answers, full of disasters at every turn. How can I obtain the strength to face such adversities with obedient faith as Esther?
2 Timothy 1:7 & 12 2 Timothy 2:15 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 and Philippians 4:5-7 may help you on your journey!
Leave a Reply.
Karin Lynn-Hill from various sources in 1998 - All the Women of the Bible, by Edith Deen, King James & NIV Bibles & Prayer, Living Bible, & All the Women of the Bible, by Herbert Lockyer
4-Given Ministries Prays
Join our mailing list today!